Friday, September 10, 2010

Brown and black eyeshadows - two looks!

Sorry for the lack of posts... but we were hit with an earthquake on the 4th of September. Many BAAAWs.

Anyway, today I will be showing you guys how to wear browns and monochrome colours - on each eye. So I will be wearing two looks - AT THE SAME TIME!

These are my Nyx eyeshadow trios; the one on the left is browns and the one on the right is the monochromatic colours.

Firstly...
...you will need concealer and foundation. I am using Maybelline's Mineral Power products.

And then, with an eyeshadow brush,
pat on the middle colour (or any medium colours) onto your lid. As you can see, my right eye has grey and my left eye has taupe, which almost blends into my skin. :P


With a clean brush...
...apply the lightest colour onto your brow bone. You can use any bright shimmer for this purpose.

Then with a crease brush (not shown) blend the darkest colours into the crease...


and blend slightly upwards towards the brow bone. Also, pat some of the dark colour on the lower lash line.

Then you'll need matching eye pencils - I'm using a brown for the brown eye, and a black for the monochrome eye. As you can see, my black pencil is well loved. :D

Here is what they should look like so far.

Apply black mascara for the monochrome eye, or brown mascara for the brown eye. It doesn't really matter, really, because it's not exactly discernible whether if your mascara is brown or black, but I thought I'd keep it consistent.

Here is the monochromatic eyeshadow look...

...and the brown eyeshadow look.

Stick on your blush and contour, and a soft pink lipstick, and you're ready to go.

Yeah, not the greatest post, but I've been a bit rattled lately. Many aftershocks.

Products used:
Nyx black/grey/white and brown/taupe/nude trio
Maybelline Mineral Power powder foundation in Pure Beige
Maybelline Mineral Power concealer in Pure Beige 2-4
The Body Shop black kohl pencil
Chi Chi eye pencil in Wicked
Maybelline Colossal mascara in Glam Black and Glam Brown
miscellaneous blush and taupe eyeshadow as contour

No comments:

Post a Comment